Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Hummingbird & Cooper

This last Saturday I was feeling super productive.

I made the dreaded trip to Ikea (on a SATURDAY) to buy some window coverings for my kitchen and a lamp for my livingroom. Once I got home I realized that I could no longer put off re-painting my coffee table. (I painted it before we moved to Utah County, but it got worked over during the move, plus Willis has used the legs as chew toys more than a couple times.)


So I hauled the table into the garage and while I was out there, a hummingbird was flying around trapped inside. I went and told Bryant to go get it out and his immediate reaction was, "Ooh! Let's take Edgar out there! He'd love it!"...So Bryant took the cat outside and neither Bryant nor Edgar could catch the bird, even standing on Bryant's car.


(This is what I deal with)


Last night Willis was being a little too hyper, so I made Bryant take him on a walk at 10:00 PM. I got a text a few minutes later from Bryant telling me to walk over to the park just south of our house. (My first thought was that Willis had escaped...) Once I arrived I found Bryant chatting with one of our neighbors while Willis ran laps with their Labradoodle, Cooper. I had always assumed that Willis was speedy. Oh no. He's quite slow. And lazy. In fact, after 10 minutes of trying to keep up with Cooper, he eventually came back and laid down by our feet. Once we took him home he went straight to his water, drank the whole bowl, then laid on the floor and panted for the next hour.


Poor, lazy mutt.

1 comment:

  1. Bahahahaha! This is all sounding too familiar! It is seriously scary, the similarities! We cannot put this meeting off any longer! When are you coming up again?

    ReplyDelete